I was just researching the difference between Talalay latex and Dunlop latex used in latex mattresses, and came across a treasure trove of tips to help get back to sleep at night. Divine Providence, I’d say since I’ve been having trouble staying asleep all night, again. I plan to print out these tips and keep them on my bedside table.

Insomnia? 30 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep offers some of the old standbys that we know work like taking a warm bath before bed and drinking warm milk or herbal tea. But how about getting a massage? Nice idea but my husband is no masseuse. He’s willing but certainly not able. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, smoking, I learned that in college.

Keep the same bedtime hours, easy now that I’m asleep by 9 pm anyway. I’m not too keen on “Don’t sleep in”, which is my favorite thing to do on Sundays but I know they’re right. Also, avoid an illuminated clock. Wiggle your toes. Some ideas are really out there.

The only point I completely disagree with is to sleep on a firm mattress. You need good support for whatever position you sleep in: side, back, or stomach. The way you sleep, allergies, etc. all need to be considered when purchasing the correct mattress for light sleepers.

Next up: the difference between Talalay latex and Dunlop latex used mattresses. Guaranteed to put you to sleep.

Other Resources
Talk About Sleep – Sleep Disorder Community providing medicine news, information, and interactive support

SleepHQ.com – Links for curing Insomnia

SLEEP, DREAMS AND WAKEFULNESS One of the longest established sleep research laboratories

Categories: Sleep Tips

7 Comments

Insomnia - Sleep Disorders Guide · August 4, 2006 at 3:26 am

One-third of all adult Americans–about 50 million people–complain about their sleep. Some sleep too little, some fitfully, and some too much. Although one-third of our lives is spent asleep, most of us don’t know much about sleep, not even our own. We don’t even know exactly why we sleep, other than–like an overnight battery recharge–sleep promotes daytime alertness. Sleep problems profoundly disturb both sleeping and waking life.
Some useful resources to help you out from all kinds of sleep disorders:
Chris,
The Sleep Disorder Guide is very informative and so is the Neurology Channel. Can you send us the specific URL for the Stanford sleep study, please.
Chris

sleep arousal disorder · March 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm

these tips are pretty handful but I prefer professional help

sleep disorder · March 10, 2010 at 3:28 pm

According to the FDA press release, in December 2006, the FDA sent letters to manufacturers of products approved for the treatment of sleep disorders requesting that the whole class of drugs revise product labeling to include warnings about the following potential adverse events: anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction) and angioedema (severe facial swelling), which can occur as early as the first time the product is taken; and complex sleep-related behaviors which may include sleep-driving, making phone calls and preparing and eating food (while asleep).

moby wrap · April 30, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Air Jordan · February 24, 2011 at 9:27 pm

It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.

Crib Mattress Size · April 3, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Wow,great content and your blog design is just gorgeous. Is this template free or not. If so, would you please share this template? if not, Where can i purchase it? Thanks a bunch!

treatment of hemorrhoids · April 15, 2011 at 3:17 am

Good post, I like to leave comments because it allows bloggers to become more engaged and for the opportunity to perhaps learn from each other.